Business Visitor Visa

Business Visitor Visa

Who can apply for a Business Visitor Visa?

The Standard Visitor Visa has replaced the previous business visitor visa. If you want to visit the UK for business purposes or to take part in sports or creative events, you need to apply for a Standard Visitor visa to enter the UK.

What activities you can do in the UK?

You can visit the UK for many different business purposes, including attending meetings, conferences, trade fair or negociating contracts.

You can also do certain business activities with UK employees of the company you work for overseas, for example provide training or share knowledge on internal project.

Please check the Visitor Rules for the full list of permitted business-related activities.

What are the eligibility requirements for a Business Visitor Visa?

You must always show that you:

  • will leave the UK at the end of your visit
  • will not live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or seccesive visits, or make the UK your main home
  • are able to support yourself and any dependents for the duration of your trip
  • are able to pay for your return or onward journey and any other costs relating to your visit
  • have proof of any business-related activities you want to do in the UK, as allowed by the Visitor Rules.


To give your case the best chance of success, get in touch

To give your visa the best chance of success, and to reduce your stress, please contact our immigration experts.

If you wish to speak directly with one of our immigration specialists to get advice about business and personal immigration, or education in the UK and other visa issues, then please contact our Glasgow Head Office on Phone T: +44 (0)141 212 3355 or request a call back by completing the Online Form. You can also email us at More information can be found from Contact Us.  

*Disclaimer: The above information is for general reference only. Specialist legal advice should be sought.

Latest update: July 2021