What is Graduate Visa?
The Graduate Visa is a valuable opportunity for international students who have successfully completed a course in the UK and are currently residing in the country. This visa allows you to remain in the UK for a minimum of 2 years, offering the flexibility to seek employment, work in various roles, be self-employed, engage in voluntary work, and travel abroad freely. It’s important to note that you must be in the UK when applying for this visa.
- A dedicated route for international student to continue their stay in the UK after completing their course
- The Graduate Visa may be granted either 2 years or 3 years
- Can apply as soon as your education provider has told you that you have successfully completed the course you took with your Student Visa or Tier 4 (General) Student Visa
- While extension is not possible, you can explore options for switching to a different visa category
- Can bring family – if they joined you in the UK as ‘dependents’ on your current Student Visa or Tier 4 (General) Student Visa
What is the eligibility requirements for a Graduate Visa?
You are eligible to apply for a Graduate Visa if the following conditions are met:
- you are currently in the UK.
- your current visa type is Student Visa or Tier 4 (General) Student Visa.
- you have completed a UK bachelor’s degree, postgraduate degree or other eligible course for a specific period under your Student Visa or Tier 4 (General) Student Visa.
- your education provide, such as your university or college, has informed the Home Office of your successful course completion.
How long can you stay?
A Graduate Visa offers a standard duration of 2 years. However, if you hold a Ph.D. or another doctoral qualification, your visa can be extended to 3 years. Your visa will be effective from the day your application is approved.
Exploring New Horizons with the Graduate Visa
The Graduate Visa paves the way for international graduates to further their careers and make the most of their education in the UK. Whether you’re considering employment, self-employment, or voluntary work, this visa category provides the time and freedom to shape your future.
To give your case the best chance of success, get in touch
To give your visa the best chance of success, and to reduce your stress, please contact our immigration experts.
If you wish to speak directly with one of our immigration specialists to get advice about business and personal immigration, or education in the UK and other visa issues, then please contact our Glasgow Head Office on Phone T:+44 (0)141 212 3355 or request a call back by completing the Online Form. You can also email us at email@example.com. More information can be found from Contact Us.
* Disclaimer: The above information is for general reference only. Specialist legal advice should be sought.
Latest update: August 2023