Health and Care Worker Visa
What is a Health and Care Worker visa?
The new Health and Care Worker visa is the route which allows overseas medical professionals to come to or stay in the UK to do an eligible job with the NHS, an NHS supplier or in adult social care. The government introduced this visa type on 1 December 2020.
- route for medical professionals to come to or stay in the UK to work for people coming to the UK with a skilled job offer to fill a gap in the workforce
- must be a qualified doctor, nurse, health professional or adult social care professional to work in an eligible health or social care job offered by an approved UK employer, which pays a minimum salary
- English language and maintenance requirements apply
- can bring family
- it is possible to switch to this visa route if you are already in the UK on a different type of visa
- your visa can last for up to 5 years before you need to extend it
- extension and settlement is possible
What are the eligibility requirements of this visa?
- be a qualified doctor, nurse, health professional or adult social care professional
- work in an eligible health or social care job
- work for a UK employer that’s been approved by the Home Office
- have a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from your employer with information about the role you have been offered in the UK
- be paid a minimum salary – how much depends on the type of work you do
- prove your knowledge of English
You may also need to:
- have personal savings so you can support yourself when you arrive in the UK – you will usually need to have at least £1,270 available
- tuberculosis test results are required if you are from a designated country
- provide a criminal record certificate if you are working in certain jobs
To give your case the best chance of success, get in touch
To give your visa the best chance of success, and to reduce your stress, please contact our immigration experts.
If you wish to speak directly with one of our immigration specialists to get advice about business and personal immigration, or education in the UK and other visa issues, then please contact our Glasgow Head Office on Phone T: +44 (0)141 212 3355 or request a call back by completing the Online Form. You can also email us at email@example.com. More information can be found from Contact Us.
*Disclaimer: The above information is for general reference only. Specialist legal advice should be sought.
Latest update: July 2021