Health and Care Worker Visa
What is a Health and Care Worker visa?
The new Health and Care Worker visa is a vital pathway that enables overseas medical professionals to contribute to the UK’s healthcare system. This visa allows them to work in eligible roles with the NHS, NHS suppliers or in adult social care. Introduced by the government on 1st December 2020, this visa serves as a cornerstone for bolstering the healthcare workforce.
Latta International has recently earned recognition as Ethical Recruiters for the International Recruitment of NHS Employees. To explore this further, please refer to the Ethical Recruiters List on the NHS Employers website.
- A dedicated route for medical professionals to come to or remain in the UK, addressing workforce gaps
- Eligible professionals include qualified doctors, nurses, health professionals, or adult social care professionals, offering their expertise in roles approved by a UK employer that meets minimum salary criteria
- English language and maintenance requirements apply
- Can bring family
- It is possible to switch to this visa route if you are already in the UK on a different type of visa
- Your visa can last for up to 5 years before you need to extend it
- Extension and settlement options are available
What are the eligibility requirements of this visa?
To be eligible for this visa, you must meet the following criteria:
- Profession: You should be a qualified doctor, nurse, health professional, or adult social care professional.
- Eligible Job: You must work in a health or social care job that qualifies under this visa category.
- Approved UK Employer: Your employer in the UK should be approved by the Home Office.
- Certificate of Sponsorship: You should possess a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from your employer, providing details about the role you’ve been offered in the UK.
- Minimum Salary: The minimum salary requirement varies based on the type of work you will be performing.
- English Language Proficiency: You need to demonstrate your proficiency in the English language.
Additionally, you may need to:
- have personal savings to support yourself upon arrival in the UK, typically requiring at least £1,270.
- provide tuberculosis test results if you are from a designated country.
- supply a criminal record certificate if your job falls under specific categories.
Explore the numerous opportunities and possibilities the Health and Care Worker Visa offers for medical professionals aiming to contribute to the UK’s healthcare sector.
Ethical Recruiters List
For information about Latta International’s recognition as Ethical Recruiters for the International Recruitment of NHS Employees, please refer to the Ethical Recruiters List on the NHS Employers website.
To give your case the best chance of success, get in touch
To give your visa the best chance of success, and to reduce your stress, please contact our immigration experts.
If you wish to speak directly with one of our immigration specialists to get advice about business and personal immigration, or education in the UK and other visa issues, then please contact our Glasgow Head Office on Phone T: +44 (0)141 212 3355 or request a call back by completing the Online Form. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. More information can be found from Contact Us.
*Disclaimer: The above information is for general reference only. Specialist legal advice should be sought.
Latest update: August 2023