What is the Intra-company Visa?
An Intra-company visa allows overseas workers to come to or stay in the UK to do an eligible job at their employer’s UK branch. It is suitable for those who are an existing employee of a multinational employer, and who need to transfer to their UK branch either on a long-term basis or for frequent short visits. Under this category there are two sub-categories:
- Intra-company Transfer Visa – you need to have worked for your employer overseas for more than 12 months, unless your annual salary is £73,900 or more in the UK. This visa category has replaced the Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) Long-term Staff visa.
- Intra-company Graduate Trainee Visa – you need to have worked for your employer overseas for at least 3 months immediately before the date you apply, in order to transfer to the UK branch to participate a graduate training programme for a managerial or specialist role. This visa category has replaced the Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) Graduate Trainee visa.
- route for an existing overseas employee to come to or stay in the UK to do an eligible job at their employer’s UK branch
- can be on either sub-category as: Intra-company Transfer Visa or Intra-company Graduate Trainee Visa
- English language and maintenance requirements apply
- can bring family
- extension is possible
What are the eligibility requirements of this visa?
You need to:
- have a valid certificate of sponsorship from your employer
- have worked for your employer outside the UK – how long you need to have worked for them depends on the visa you are applying for and your salary
- do a job that’s on the list of eligible occupations
- be paid at least £41,500 for an Intra-company Transfer visa or at least £23,000 for an Intra-company Graduate Trainee visa.
To give your case the best chance of success, get in touch
To give your visa the best chance of success, and to reduce your stress, please contact our immigration experts.
If you wish to speak directly with one of our immigration specialists to get advice about business and personal immigration, or education in the UK and other visa issues, then please contact our Glasgow Head Office on Phone T:+44 (0)141 212 3355 or request a call back by completing the Online Form. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. More information can be found from Contact Us.
* Disclaimer: The above information is for general reference only. Specialist legal advice should be sought.
Latest update: July 2021