UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services
What is new?
From November 2018, UK Visas and Immigration in partnership with Sopra Steria have introduced a new service for customers in the UK apply to extend their stay or apply for citizenship. There are more than 30 routes which are available through UKVCAS. It also offers increased convenience and choice for customers and introduce a more secure way to submit evidence and information.
UKVCAS application process
1: Pay the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) online, if applicable.
2: Submit a visa application and pay the application fee online.
3: Book an appointment through Sopra Steria’s website at a UKVCAS center.
There are 57 service points in the UK
- 6 core service points offering free appointments between 10:00 to 16:00, located in Belfast, Birmingham, Cardiff, Croydon, Glasgow and Manchester;
- 50 enhanced service centers offering charged appointments all around the UK;
- 1 Premium Lounge in London providing an upgraded service with spacious seating areas, hi-speed Wi-Fi and business facilities.
You will be able to choose an appointment within 5 working days of making your application. There are also optional added-value services available. They include translation and interpretation, next day appointments, walk in (same day) appointments and out of hours appointments.
4: Prepare your personal documents.
You can choose self-upload your evidence before your appointment, or pay extra to have your documents uploaded at your appointment.
5: Visit UKVCAS service points for your appointment.
You need to enroll your biometric information and have your application checked at the service point. If you have used the document scanning service, your original documents, including your passports, will be returned immediately. Please note that you should not leave the UK until you have received a granted decision and your BRP card.
UKVCAS also provide several mobile services, including a VIP service and on-demand pop-up service. To get more information about these services, please see Mobile Service.
China Premium Service
Priority Visa Service
If you are based in China and need your visa in a hurry, then you can use UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Priority Visa service for your visit, work or study visa application. This service will put your application at the front of the queue at every stage of the decision-making process.
UKVI aims to make a decision on your application as quickly as possible so that your passport is ready to collect within 5 working days from when you have your biometric information collected. Please note that it is UKVI partner, VFS Global that handles the UK visa application submission and document collection.
Super Priority Visa Service
The Super Priority Visa service is the fastest way to process your visa application and secure your visa decision. It is available in China, and generally this service will give eligible applicants a visa decision within 1 working day.
Please note that using the Super Priority Visa service does not guarantee in any way that your visa application will be successful. All applicants using this service must meet the requirements of the relevant UK Immigration Rules.
Our Premium Service Package
Latta International offers our Premium Service Package to applicants eligible to use either the Premium Service in the UK or the Priority Visa Service in China. We aim to prioritise your case by assigning it to one of our immigration law experts to minimize the application processing time, making your application journey as easy and frustration-free as possible. All the services of our premium service package include:
- reviewing your circumstances and providing personalised legal guidance and advice
- evaluating your full application before you submit your application
- checking your relevant documents and providing suggestions and revisions to make sure everything is consistent with current Home Office rules, guidance, and policy
- assisting you with your application submission and if required booking the following services at your convenience:
- UKVCAS appointment if you are in the UK
- the Priority Visa Service if you are in China
- accompanying and representing you with your lawyer to attend the UKVCAS Service Points in the UK or Visa Application Centers in China
- following up your application with Home Office and fully managing your application until you receive a decision which you are happy with.
If you are not eligible to use the services above don’t worry. We also offer an Accelerated Service Package, providing you all the assistance listed in the Premium Service Package to accelerate and simplify the procedure for you. The only difference is that your case will not be processed at the UKVCAS or VFS Global UK visa center.
To give your case the best chance of success, get in touch
To give your visa the best chance of success, and to reduce your stress, please contact our immigration experts.
If you wish to speak directly with one of our immigration specialists to get advice about business and personal immigration, or education in the UK and other visa issues, then please contact our Glasgow Head Office on Phone T: +44 (0)141 212 3355 or request a call back by completing the Online Form. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. More information can be found from Contact Us.
*Disclaimer: The above information is for general reference only. Specialist legal advice should be sought.