Prospective Entrepreneur Visa

Prospective Entrepreneur Visa

The new Start-up visa and Innovator visa have been introduced by the government on 29th March 2019. A prospective entrepreneur is eligible to switch to either category within the UK if they meet the eligibility requirements.

Prospective Entrepreneur visa is a sub-category of Standard Visitor visa. The prospective entrepreneurs must meet all the eligibility requirements for a Standard Visitor visa and additional requirements for this sub-category. Generally, a Standard Visitor visa allows applicants to stay in the UK for up to 6 months. The applicants may come to the UK for discussions to secure funding from any legitimate source. They also need to show that they intend to use the funding to set up a business in the UK.

Please contact us if you are currently outside of the UK and would like to apply for the Prospective Entrepreneur visa in order to set up a business in the UK and switch to Start-up visa or Innovator visa after your visit.

What are the eligibility requirements of a Prospective Entrepreneur Visa?

As with the Standard Visitor Visa, you must always show that you:

  • will leave the UK at the end of your visit
  • are able to support yourself and any dependents for the duration of your trip
  • are able to pay for your return or onward journey and any other costs relating to your visit

In addition, you will require to show that:


To give your case the best chance of success, get in touch

To give your visa the best chance of success, and to reduce your stress, please contact our immigration experts.

If you wish to speak directly with one of our immigration specialists to get advice about business and personal immigration, or education in the UK and other visa issues, then please contact our Glasgow Head Office on Phone T: +44 (0)141 212 3355 or request a call back by completing the Online Form. You can also email us at More information can be found from Contact Us.  

*Disclaimer: The above information is for general reference only. Specialist legal advice should be sought.

Latest update: April 2019