Short-term Study Visa
Who can apply for a Short-term Study Visa?
You can apply for a Short-term Study visa to study English lanuage in the UK. This visa is for English lanuage courses lasting longer than 6 months and up to 11 months.
What are the restrictions?
- study on any other course or change your course while in the UK
- study at a state-funded school
- work or carry out any business (including paid or unpaid work, work placement or work experiences)
- extend this visa
- bring family members with you
- apply for most benefits or the State Pension
What are the eligibility requirements for a Short-term Study Visa?
You must prove that
- you have been accepted onto an English lanuage course that lasts 11 months or less and includes no other subjects
- your course is with an accredited institution
- you have enough money to support yourself without working or help from public funds, or be able to show that relatives and friends can support and house you
- you can pay for your return or onward journey
- if you are under 18 you must also:
- have made arrangements for your travel and stay in the UK
- have permission from you parent or guardian to study in the UK
To give your case the best chance of success, get in touch
To give your visa the best chance of success, and to reduce your stress, please contact our immigration experts.
If you wish to speak directly with one of our immigration specialists to get advice about business and personal immigration, or education in the UK and other visa issues, then please contact our Glasgow Head Office on Phone T: +44 (0)141 212 3355 or request a call back by completing the Online Form. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. More information can be found from Contact Us.
*Disclaimer: The above information is for general reference only. Specialist legal advice should be sought.
Latest update: July 2021