Sponsorship Licence Application

Sponsorship Licence Application

How to secure a sponsor licence for your business

Obtaining a sponsor licence for your business involves a straightforward process. Here is a step-by-step guide:

  • 1: Check the eligibility of your business.
  • 2: Choose the type of licence you want to apply for.
  • 3: Decide who will manage sponsorship within your business.
  • 4: Submit sponsorship licence application online and pay the fee.

Apply for a sponsor licence

The application for your sponsorship licence is conducted online. Additionally, you must send in a submission sheet along with relevant supporting documents. The standard processing time for most applications is within 8 weeks. For expedited processing within 10 working days, an additional fee of £500 applies.

You must provide at least 4 relevant supporting documents to demonstrate the authenticity and capability of your business to fulfil sponsor responsibilities. All document submitted should be either original or certified copies. 

UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) may conduct on-site visits to verify the authenticity and reliability of your business. We can assist you in preparing for these visits to ensure compliance with the Immigration Rules. Furthermore, we can accompany you during UKVI site visits, to ensure proper procedures are followed. For more details regarding UKVI site visits, please do not hesitate to Contact Us.

What licence rating will I receive?

A successful sponsorship licence application will result in the issuance of an A-rated licence. With this, you gain the ability to assign certificates of sponsorship (CoS), and your business will be listed on the register of sponsors. 

What is a Certificate of Sponsorship?

Each foreign worker you employ from outside the UK must be assigned a certificate of sponsorship, which is an electronic record. There is a cost associated with each certificate, and upon issuance, they are provided with a unique number. Foreign workers use this number to apply for a visa, enabling them to legally work in the UK. It’s important to note that all assigned certificates must be used within 3 months. There are two types of certificates of sponsorship:

  • defined certificates – These are for individuals applying for a Skilled Worker visa from outside the UK.
  • undefined certificates – These are intended for Skilled Workers applying from within the UK and applicants seeking other types of visas.

Ref: https://www.gov.uk/uk-visa-sponsorship-employers

To give your case the best chance of success, get in touch

To give your visa the best chance of success, and to reduce your stress, please contact our immigration experts.

If you wish to speak directly with one of our immigration specialists to get advice about business and personal immigration, or education in the UK and other visa issues, then please contact our Glasgow Head Office on Phone T: +44 (0)141 212 3355 or request a call back by completing the Online Form. You can also email us at enquiries@lattainternational.com. More information can be found from Contact Us.  

*Disclaimer: The above information is for general reference only. Specialist legal advice should be sought.

Latest update: August 2023