As of April 13th, 2023, the Start-up Visa program is completely closed for new applicants. If you are currently on the Start-up Visa route, transitional rules are now in place. If you seek further information regarding these changes, please don’t hesitate to Contact Us.
The start-up visa is designed for aspiring entrepreneurs eager to establish their businesses in the UK for the very first time. If you want to make an initial application under the Start-up visa route, you need to have an innovative, viable and scalable business idea supported by an authorised endorsing body. Initially granted for a 2-year period, it is important to note that settlement is not possible under this route. However, you may progress into the Innovator Visa route after 2-year leave to remain.
- A pathway to kickstart a new business in the UK for the first time, ideal for young entrepreneurs
- Require an innovative, viable and scalable business idea
- Maintenance and English language requirements
- Maximum 2 years granted, with the option to switch to the Innovator visa
- Possible to apply as an entrepreneurial team
- No investment funds needed on this route
- Must be 18-year old or above
- Can bring family
What are the endorsement criteria?
A business plan is essential for the endorsement application, also other supporting documentation. You need to meet the innovative, viable and scalable business venturn requirements as follows:
- the business plan must be genuine and original. The plan must meet new or existing market needs and/or creates a competitive advantage.
- the business plan is realistic and achievable based on applicant’s available resources.
- the applicant’s has, or is actively developing the necessary skills, knowledge, experience and market awareness to successfully run the business.
- there is evidence of structured planning, and of potential for job creation and growth into national markets.
Please note that the applicant must not have previously established a business in the UK which commenced trading.
To give your case the best chance of success, get in touch
To give your visa the best chance of success, to reduce stress, please contact our immigration experts.
If you wish to speak directly with one of our specialists, please contact our Glasgow Head Office on Phone.
T: +44 (0)141 212 3355 or request a call back by completing the Online Form.
*Disclaimer: The above information is for general reference only. Specialist legal advice should be sought.
Latest update: August 2023