Tier 2 General Visa
What is a Tier 2 General Visa?
Tier 2 of the Points-Based System is the route which enables UK employers to employ nationals from outside of the resident workforce to fill particular jobs. There are two main sub-categories in this Tier 2 visa – Tier 2 General and Tier 2 Intra-company Transfer.
The Tier 2 (General) category is suitable for overseas workers who have an offer of a skilled job that cannot be filled by a settled or native worker, including applicants coming to the UK to fill shortage occupations.
- route for people coming to the UK with a skilled job offer to fill a gap in the workforce
- must have a job offer at a certain level of skill or above and which pays the appropriate salary
- cannot own over 10% of shares in the recruiting company unless salary is above £159, 600
- maintenance and English language requirements apply
- can bring family
- initial period of up to 5 years 14 days or the time on your Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) plus 1 month, whichever is shorter
- extension to a maximum of 6 years is possible
What are the eligibility requirements of this visa?
You need to:
- have a valid certificate of sponsorship for your job
- show you are receiving an appropriate salary for your job
- prove your knowledge of English
- have personal savings so you can support yourself when you arrive in the UK – £945 in your bank account for 90 days before you apply
- show you can travel and your travel history over the last 5 years
- tuberculosis test results are required if you are from a designated country
- provide a criminal record certificate from any country you’ve lived in for 12 months or more in the last 10 years, if you’ll be working with vulnerable people
To give your case the best chance of success, get in touch
To give your visa the best chance of success, and to reduce your stress, please contact our immigration experts.
If you wish to speak directly with one of our immigration specialists to get advice about business and personal immigration, or education in the UK and other visa issues, then please contact our Glasgow Head Office on Phone T: +44 (0)141 212 3355 or request a call back by completing the Online Form. You can also email us at email@example.com. More information can be found from Contact Us.
*Disclaimer: The above information is for general reference only. Specialist legal advice should be sought.