Tier 2 Intra-company Transfer Visa (ICT)
What is the Tier 2 Intra-company Transfer Visa?
The Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer (ICT) category is suitable for overseas workers who are an existing employee of a multinational employer, and who need to transfer to their UK branch either on a long-term basis or for frequent short visits. Under this category there are two sub-categories:
- long term staff – if you have been working for your employer for at least 12 months directly prior to your transfer. The period issued for this category can be up to a maximum of 5 years however there are more flexible rules for high earners.
- graduate trainee – if you are a recent graduate recruit transferring to a UK branch of your organisation for the purpose of training for a maximum of 12 months.
- route for an existing employee of a multinational employer who needs to transfer to the UK for a role that cannot be filled by a settled or EEA worker
- can be either as:
- long term staff – working for at least 12 months prior the proposed transfer; or
- graduate trainee – recent graduate to complete a structured graduate training programme with clearly defined progression
- maintenance and English language requirements apply
- can bring family
What are the eligibility requirements of this visa?
You need to:
- have a valid certificate of sponsorship for your job
- receive an ‘appropriate salary’ for your job – The minimum salary is
- £41,500 for Long-term Staff
- £23,000 for Graduate Trainee
- have personal savings so that you can support yourself when you arrive in the UK – £945 in your bank account for 90 days before you apply
- show you can travel and your travel history over the last 5 years
- tuberculosis test results are required if you are from a designated country
- be able to show you have worked for your employer outside the UK
Additional requirements for Long Term Staff
- job must be a minimum of National Qualifications Framework (NQF) level 6
- maximum visa granted of 5 years in general (9 years where salary is £120,000)
- must have worked for the employer for at least 12 months outside the UK unless salary is over £73,900
- minimum salary of £41,500 or appropriate rate for job (whichever is higher)
- role must be genuine, and the applicant must be qualified to complete the role
Additional requirements for Graduate Trainee
- job must be a minimum of NQF level 6
- initially granted a 12 months visa and it is impossible to extend
- requirement for employment as part of a graduate training scheme for at least 3 months before application
- minimum salary of £23,000 or appropriate rate for the job, whichever is higher
To give your case the best chance of success, get in touch
To give your visa the best chance of success, and to reduce your stress, please contact our immigration experts.
If you wish to speak directly with one of our immigration specialists to get advice about business and personal immigration, or education in the UK and other visa issues, then please contact our Glasgow Head Office on Phone T: +44 (0)141 212 3355 or request a call back by completing the Online Form. You can also email us at email@example.com. More information can be found from Contact Us.
*Disclaimer: The above information is for general reference only. Specialist legal advice should be sought.